I love curry chicken salad, but I simply don’t do mayonnaise. This recipe is a twist on a Rachel Ray recipe that uses non-fat Greek yogurt instead of mayo. It’s a great healthy salad to whip on Sunday afternoon, so you can have it prepped and ready to go for workweek lunches. For other variations, you can also make it with granny smith apples, green grapes, or cashews. Enjoy!
1 pound chicken breasts
1 cup non-fact plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup of golden raisins
1/4 cup chopped almonds
3 or 4 stalks of celery
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1. Cook chicken breast (in a saucepan or in the oven) and let cool.
2. Pull and cut chicken into small bits and set aside.
3. Mix the yogurt, curry powder, and whole grain mustard in a bowl.
4. Chop celery and almonds and add to the yogurt mixture. Toss in raisins.
5. Add the pulled chicken to the yogurt bowl and mix everything together.
6. Serve on toast with crispy romaine lettuce and a handful (or three) of Cape Cod chips.